Friday, January 27, 2017

From W Magazine to Chrissy Teigen to Asking Yourself Those Questions




I love W magazine.  My Aunt Yvonne would send us (Love Joy & Faith) the magazine when we were just 10 years old.  Well, I was 10.  It was our first exposure to high fashion beyond Vogue.  (We loved Vogue too by the way. ) I have been getting back into being me and that includes reading W magazine.  While reading W's article Natural Beauty Chrissy Teigen Loves Contouring I became inspired.  I wanted to know how I would answer these questions.  I wanted to know if I could answer these questions.  Would I like my answers to these questions? Then I wondered how Joy, who is almost my twin (we are the same age for nearly 4 months out of the year) would answer.  Then I asked myself, "How would my answers affect my life?" Would I need or rather want to get rid of somethings? Would I be a little more focused because I discovered/remembered part of myself? The questions are not what you would consider life changing but for me it was.  

Asking Joy the same questions also taught me a few things about myself as well as my sister.  I know Joy remembers me interviewing her but she was very ill at the time.  I was concerned wouldn't have the same impact for her.  Oddly enough I discovered this morning it did but I doubt she realizes it fully yet.  Joy, began to clear away all the bullshit in her head and think about what she wanted.  She has begun to focus on high fashion again and what makes life fun for her.  She said she wasn't going to try to adapt herself to others.  I know, you may think high fashion isn't important, but imagine if it were something else.  We all at some point people please.  We all forget what gets us going.  We all forget what we did that day we felt supper confident.  

My sister and I want to be our best spiritually, physically and emotionally.  This week for some reason Joy and I both are declaring what we want.  The Chrissy Teigen interview made me say hey let's answer this for ourselves.  We start with Joy's "interview" first.  I don't want our answers side by side.  Yes, it is okay to notice our difference but for me this is not about comparison.  For me, this is just an opportunity to share what works for us.  It is also an opportunity to remember we know what works for us; because the last few years it has been too easy to forget.



Joy Yascone

Your look in three words: 
Joy: bohemian. Cultured. Town-N-Country

Five-minute routine: 
Joy: tinted moisturizer, bronzer, lip gloss, blush peach, peachy nude lipstick, sea salt spray (hair), curl definer

Never leave the house without: 
Joy: Lip Gloss

Beauty from the inside out: 
Joy: Energy of love

Exercise regime:
Joy: Urban walks five to ten miles

Cleanse or not: 
Joy: Yes I cleanse, probiotic heavy (kevita, yogurt), berries, hot water and lemon juice (Inate response )

Beauty essentials:
Joy: lip gloss, lip liner, lipstick, deep conditioner 

Skincare secret: 
Joy: No smoking, No drugs

Hair remedy: Tracey Cunningham is my hair remedy.
Joy: Biolage deep conditioner

In-tub must-read: 
Joy: astrology charts

Spa-cation at: 
Joy: Kholer in Wisconsin 

Fragrance of choice: 
Joy: Mariel by H20 or anything that smells of the sea

Best advice from mom: 
Joy: be true to you

Best advice from the pros: 
Joy: not about what size you wear it is about how you wear it

Beauty icons: 
Joy: Alyssa Milano, Tandy Newton, Angelina Jolie, Marilyn Monroe, Kerry Washington



Love Yascone

Your look in three words: 
Love: Princess. Tomboy. Standout. 

Five-minute routine: 
Love: exfoliate lips, moisturize face (with SPF) if necessary, Bare Minerals Golden Tan powder adding more to the eyes, tinted Mineral Veil, Black mascara, liquid blush, lipstick and lip gloss

Never leave the house without: 
Love: lip gloss and breath mints

Beauty from the inside out: 
Love: Laughing at yourself

Exercise regime: 
Love: Club dancing (preference), Spinning (recently) 

Cleanse or not: 
Love: Yes, I look at what my body needs and determine what kind of cleanse from there.

Beauty essentials:
Love: Facial Moisturizer, Lip Gloss

Skincare secret: 
Love: Sweat (no really, my face is healthier and looks better after a good sweat)

Hair remedy: 
Love: Kinky-Curly 

In-tub must-read: 
Love: I meditate/plan my life. I never read in the tub.

Spa-cation at:  
Love: Kholer

Fragrance of choice: 
Love: Chanel Chance

Best advice from mom: 
Love: buy more than one if it is your favorite 

Best advice from the pros: 
Love: do not line my bottom eyelid 

Beauty icons: 
Love: Ava Gardner, Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Lopez, Lisa Bonet, Vanessa Williams, Pam Grier

Ask yourself these questions.  If any of it doesn't match up with what is really going on with you maybe you need to change things around.  Make your words, heart and actions matchup.