- My Royal Family 4 Twitter
- For The Love Of Food
- Vitamins and Supplements
- Mod Snob Fashion
- Love Joy & Faith (Music)
- Love Joy & Faith iTunes
- Love Joy & Faith Twitter
- My Royal Family 4 YouTube
- Faith Hope
- Bryan Santo Scichilone Our Knight In Shining Armor
- My Royal Family 4 Facebook
- Love Joy & Faith Facebook
Monday, March 30, 2015
Spring Hair Recipes- For Natural, Curly, Kinky, Relaxed and Transitioning Hair
Okay I talked about my Spring hair routine previously (Spring And Natural Hair-Time To Get Your Hair Healthy, Manageable, And Beautiful) and now here are the recipes that go with them. It is super easy. Pics of the ingredients are below.
Oh and Coconut oil, too.
So those are the ingredients I am using to make my hair look great for summer. It is my hair diet.
2.5 Oz of Coconut Milk
3 oz Aloe Vera Gel
Mix it together (no lumps) and that's it. I of course will be making a larger batch.
ph of hair is 4.5-5.5
ph of this shampoo is 4.5 allowing the hairs cuticles to close properly and you hair to shine. This is great to control frizz, strengthen damaged hair (relaxers and heat) and stop shrinkage of every type of curly hair.
Coconut Milk and Lime Hair Treatment:
There are simpler recipes for this treatment and originally it was just coconut milk and lime and sometimes sunflower oil but I like adding things I think my hair needs so...
Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream (I use the cream and milk) 5-6 cans
2.5-3 cups of Lime and Lemon juice.
I squeeze both my limes and lemons and strain to remove pulp.
I use more limes than lemons. In fact of the 3 cups there is only the juice of 2
lemons total combined with the limes.
I add Jojoba oil and coconut oil for a total of about 1/4 cup of oil.
Cornstarch at least 5 Tablespoons
Cornstarch is not just a thickener it also helps give you hair shine so flour won't do.
1. I blend all the ingredients together and cook over very low heat to thicken. (20 min)
2. I place the mixture in a container and place in the refrigerator over night or at least 4 hours
3. I put mixture through my entire head of hair, massage my scalp for at least 3 min and then place a
plastic cap on my head. Leave it on for 1-2 hours.
Click here if you want the original recipe